In the midst of the never-ending quizzes, pictures of babies and comments on the weather in my Facebook news feed today, I came upon an article in the Huffington Post titles "18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently" by Carolyn Gregoire. She writes that; "while there's no "typical" creative type, there are some tell-tale characteristics and behaviors of highly creative people".
Here is her list:
- They daydream
- They observe everything
- They work the hours that work for them
- They take time for solitude
- They turn life's obstacles around
- They seek out new experiences
- They "fail up"
- They ask the big questions
- They people-watch
- They take risks
- They view all of life as an opportunity for self-expression
- They follow their true passions
- They get out of their own heads
- They lose track of time
- They surround themselves with beauty
- They connect the dots
- They constantly shake things up
- They make time for mindfulness
What do you think? Do you agree? Read the full article here (it is worth the read!).