I recently started watching the eight-part mini-series Hunting Hitler on the History Channel and I am totally hooked.
The show's premise?
Answering the question: Did Hitler survive WWII?
I know, I know — on the surface this sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory. BUT, in 2014 hundreds of FBI documents were declassified revealing that the United States government has been actively searching for Hitler since the end of the second world war!
"A memo from J. Edgar Hoover himself states: American Army officials in Germany have not located Hitler's body nor is there any reliable source that will say definitely that Hitler is dead." (source)
According to the documents, Hitler's body has never been identified, and there are no witness accounts of his death!
The show follows a team of highly-trained experts as they examine the clues laid out in the declassified documents. So far, there have been some surprising discoveries, eyewitnesses and very convincing evidence that Hitler may have secretly escaped from Germany at the end of the war!
Watch full episodes here.
- Why You Need To Watch Hunting Nazi Treasure on History
- 5 Popular Tourist Spots That Will Exceed Your Expectations
- Visiting The U.S.S. Arizona Memorial In Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Tips For Visiting The Louvre: How To Avoid The Crowds and Make The Most of Your Visit
- Stunning Egyptian Art And Adornments At The Met
- 10 Reasons Why I Love The Met in NYC (and you will too!)