There is A LOT of down time when you are traveling long distances — waiting for your flight, driving to your next destination, or relaxing on a train.
You could sit with your nose in a book or scroll through Instagram to pass the hours, but why not take the opportunity to ask your travel buddy (or the random person sitting across from you if they look interesting) some fun questions and get to know each other better instead?
You never know where the conversation might go…
1. Describe what you looked like in your most awkward childhood phase.
2. What is the weirdest thing that you’ve ever eaten?
3. Describe your perfect meal.
4. Have you ever done something illegal and never gotten caught?
5. You can have one superpower — what would it be and why?
6. Is there a country or city in the world that you never want to visit?
7. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
8. If you could stay this age forever, would you?
9. What is your favorite smell?
10. If you needed a new identity what would your name be, where would you go, and what would you do?
11. If you had to compete in a food eating contest, what type of food would you pick?
12. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Where and when?
13. Would you rather give up coffee forever or alcohol forever?
14. If you could be a fictional character who would you be?
15. If you could join a mission to colonize Mars, would you?
16. Tell me something that nobody knows about you.
17. What would your personal theme song be if you were a character in a sitcom?
18. If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would you change?
19. If you could time travel, what year or event would you go back to?
20. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
21. Tell me about the last thing you read.
22. Do you believe in ghosts?
23. What is your favorite Olympic sport?
24. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had? Why?
25. Describe yourself in five words.
Click here to download a pdf of the questions to take with you on your next trip!